Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Lululemon Yogabowl Warehouse Sale!

So.....yeah, I've heard of and saw the Lululemon stores before in passing but I always assumed it was a "rich people store".  I always assume its really expensive so I never actually venture into their store locations, I avoid them with a mental note that I most likely cannot afford anything within its confines.  To be honest, I had no idea what they even sold until I saw an episode of On the case with Paula Zahn on the ID network about a disgruntled employee who murdered her coworker at the Bethesda, MD location of Lululemon Athletica. 

But this post is meant in no way to muddy the stores reputation.  Upon further investigation of the store's website, I really developed an interest in the store and its motto.  First off, I had a good look at their manifesto.  Seeing as though I saw it just after the New Year and I was still filled with hope and positivity for some major life changing I need to get done this year, their word collage really struck a cord with me.  Take a gander:

(Image from www.lululemon.com/about/manifesto)

In addition, I've been in the gym a lot lately as part of my ongoing fitness journey and I'm always looking for stylish workout and lounge gear.  Since then, I've been keeping tabs on lululemon.  Yes, they are still a bit out of my price range but a store i'd definitely like to patronize. 

Anyway, fast forward to this past Sunday when by chance an old HS classmate of mine, now a yoga instructor, updated her status via Facebook - stating that she was attending the lululemon warehouse sale! After sitting up in bed immediately and frantically Googling any information I can find, I saw that not only was lululemon holding a sale at Nassau Coliseum here in NY but it was halfway through its 3rd day.  instantly, images of fit, health conscious women in sweatpants and trainers fighting over clothes on hangers entered my head. I quickly walked my dog and practically sped to the location, fussing at every idiotic driver who crossed my path on the way.  I walked as fast as I could from my car to the basement of the sports arena and almost threw my coat at the young men checking coats so that I could get to the sale faster.  Unfortunately, most of my size was sold out by the time I got there.  BUT, and this is great marketing on their half, I saw this cute jacket thing on all of the female employees working there and had to have one.  Check it out:


I know, it looks odd doesn't it? But its a wonderful jacket with convertible sleeves, deep pockets and my favorite part, because of the fit I actually had to buy two sizes smaller than I normally buy for myself.  i'm not sure if that means I am walking around wearing clothes that are too big for me but I was happy with this purchase.  AND it only cost $19 when most of the jackets in the sale were about $45.

I also purchased this jacket:


It's sleek and light weight with a hoodie.  This too is also 2 sizes smaller than my normal size :D and it cost $19 as well.

So total savings....well normally both jackets together would cost between $200 and  $250 and I only paid $39.76.  Can't beat that.

As for other items at the sale..well I saw plenty of t-shirts I fit but I couldn't bring myself to pay $32 for them when I can get something similar for much less at other stores and there were some pants that I fit but I wasn't too impressed with the way they looked on me.  Next year I DEFINITELY will be showing up on the first day of the sale!  Side note - they couldn't give me enough shopping bags to takeaway, they were the sturdy earth conscience reusable kind.  Seriously, the cashier gave me one extra than the one my items were in, then as I was leaving two count'em TWO employees handed me 7 more.  Take a look:


Now I'll fit right in at Trader Joe's and Whole Foods when I normally ask for the paper bags but all the other people on line have their own bags. Thanks lulu!

No comments:

Post a Comment